The Bury St Edmund’s radio club was formed in September 1977 by John Munro,G3GBB (SK) and Peter Lumb, G3IRM (SK) who visited the club before his death. The meetings took place at Johns place of work at 29 Angel hill to start with and that is now an estate agent. The club moved to Mustow house and has also been at the Athenaeum and County upper school and Culford School. We now meet at Manger Pub or the Rougham Tower museum
The club was given its call G2TO from the late Frank Townsend’s widow after negations with John and Peter. Frank was given the callsign 2TO in 1922. Frank was also the first secretary of the Ipswich club and later moved to Bury. the club also holds G6BSE.